TikTok is the latest app that has taken the world by storm with its entertaining videos and memorable memes. While you’re enjoying TikTok, you might wonder how the app’s settings work under the hood.
Unlocking the Power of TikTok Account Settings
Thinking about making some changes to your TikTok account settings? You’ve come to the right place! In today’s blog, we will go through different account settings, what they do, and how they affect your account.
Accessing Your TikTok Account Settings
So, how do you even get to your TikTok account settings? It’s easy. Open TikTok on your device and click on the profile button in the bottom right corner of your screen. Once your profile opens up, locate the three lines on the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the three lines. A pop-up window will appear, having three options: Creator Tools, My QR code, and Settings and Privacy.
- Tap on Settings and Privacy. In the new window, you will see a bunch of options related to your account settings.
Read here tips for Using TikTok Filters
Tips for Changing Your TikTok Account Settings
Here are a few tips which can help keep your account secure:
- Privacy Settings: Don’t want people snooping around your profile? You can prevent people from doing so by changing your Profile Settings. Alternatively, you can make your account private so that only people you approve can see your content.
- Strong Password: Having a strong password is highly recommended. Although it may be hard to remember it, your account will be less likely to be compromised by hackers.
- Two-Factor Authentication: Two-Factor Authentication, also known as 2FA, is another security measure you can take to make your account secure.
Changing Common TikTok Account Settings
- Share Your Profile: If someone cannot find your profile via the search method on TikTok, you can share your profile by using the Share Profile feature. It allows you to share your profile via any platform.
- Setup Two-Factor Authentication: Turning on 2FA is highly advised if you want to secure your account further.
- Manage Devices: In Manage Devices, you can see all devices on which your TikTok account is currently logged. You can log out of different devices from the Manage Devices option.
- Private Account: Accounts for users under the age of 16 are, by default, set to private, which allows you to decide whether to accept or reject follower requests and limit who can view your content.
Interactions: Customize Your TikTok Experience
The Interactions menu is home to many useful functions. You can enable and disable options according to your privacy concerns. These options allow you to:
- Download your videos.
- Duet or Stitch using your videos.
- Choose who can see your following list.
- See the accounts that you have blocked.
- See who viewed your profile in the past 30 days.
- Allow other people to see that you viewed their profile.
Deleting or Deactivating Your TikTok Account
If you have had enough of TikTok and want to delete your account, the door is always open for you. You can delete your TikTok account by following these steps:
- Open TikTok.
- Click on your profile button, located in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Click on the three lines in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on the Settings and Privacy option.
- Click on Account > Deactivate or Delete account.
- Select the reason why you want to delete your TikTok account.
- Click Continue to Delete Your TikTok account.
1. Can you change your age on TikTok?
No. You cannot manually change your age on TikTok if you have already set it up. You will need to contact TikTok support.
2. What does it mean if your settings are restricted on TikTok?
Restricted mode is a handy feature, similar to parental controls. It allows you to hide content that might not be appropriate for younger audiences.
3. Can someone manage my TikTok account?
If you are running a TikTok account for business purposes, you might be a little disappointed to hear that there is only one way for someone else to manage your account: you must provide them with your username and password. At the moment, TikTok does not have any enterprise account-sharing options.
4. Can you see who checks your TikTok account?
Yes. You can turn on a feature that will let you know who viewed your profile. However, others will also know if you check their profile too.
5. Does TikTok have a minimum age limit?
Yes. You must be 13+ to use TikTok.
6. Does TikTok have two-factor authentication?
Yes. TikTok allows you to set up two-factor authentication. This is a valuable feature to have, as it requires you to verify your account with an email or text code every time you log into the app.